I’m 47 years old (until 24th January 2015 🙂 ) and live in a small rural town in Victoria, Australia. My husband and I have known each other since the 80s, though we only married in 2011, and not until we’d broken up, met other people whom we had children with then reunited in 2009. To avoid becoming boring (well, to attempt being boring might be more accurate), I’ve listed a few details about myself at the end of this post. Like most, I don’t think What can I say About Me? too often, so I’ll probably add to the list as things occur… Actually, typing that list, I decided to use it as the topic of future posts. Stay tuned…
Most of my posts will be ‘stories for another day’ – and I will get to them eventually. Until then though, I’m busy living, creating, loving, giving, sharing, caring… and sometimes getting cranky just like the rest of the world. I.e. I am not perfect, I just seem that way (in my own mind) until you get to know me better 🙂
I hope I never bore, that you get a smile from the antics I call living. No doubt there’ll be times you shed a tear with me, but may those times be far fewer than the smiles.
Enjoy, and feel free to leave comments – I’ll endeavour to answer, life allowing. Regards, Caro.
- Health: not the best but it’s mine so I work with it, most of the time 🙂 – Fibromyalgia (I hope for the day that appears without a red line beneath because then perhaps we’ll live in a time when it’s a ‘recognised’ instead of ‘imaginary’ condition); Chronic Fatigue; Arthritis; Psoriasis; Coronary Artery Disease; Asthma; three knee operations, one hip operation; L4 & 5 collapsed both sides of my back; an ankle won’t stop breaking :); sciatic both sides that’s caused permanent calf cramping, along with the usual sciatic issues; cervical cancer survivor (16 years ago); prolapsed bladder; depression/panic attacks; rosacea; occasional lung collapses brought on pneumonia/pleurisy due to the asthma; blah blah blah 🙂
- Wife to Andrew, Love of my Life, who had a mild stroke in 2012, days short of the 1st anniversary of my mother passing due to a major stroke
- 5 children: Derrick Skye Lee (9th August 1985 – 11 June 1986); Ben, now 28; the baby I carried into the 2nd trimester then lost; Jeremy, my 25th birthday present (some present, having a caesarian on your birthday 🙂 ), now 22; and Brittany, now 21.
- 2 grandchildren: Lauren Ann, now 2, and Jacob John, now 1.
- 3 border collies: Biscute, now 9; Digger, now almost 5; and Tag, now almost 3.
- 1 cat – reluctantly
- 1 (as of yesterday’s windstorm) budgie
- Diploma of Arts Professional Writing & Editing
- Certificate II in IT
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment
- Certificate IV Small Business Management
- Certificate III Business Management
- Exam Supervisor, Deakin University
- Crafter: Sewing, Knitting, Crochet, Jewelry, Paper crafts…
- An optimist, helped along by the yardstick of losing a child – I can, even if at times I don’t want to, survive anything
- 30kg heavier than my ideal weight, but not beating myself up about it because that solves nothing – instead I’m trying to get back into swimming (barring another inner ear infection leaving me vertigo ridden), trying to eat 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks (crazy that to lose weight I need to increase my intake, but there you have it – one meal a day, my usual style, will not cut it), and moving as often as possible so I can be serene within my own 170cm tall self again.